I will be starting a new weekly series. You know how much I love these weekly series!
KPOP fans love speaking about idols that were born in the same year, grouping these idols into “age lines”. For example, idols born in 1994, such as EXO’s Kai, Monsta X’s Jooheon, BTS’ Rap Monster and GOT7’s Jackson are part of the “’94 line”. Recently, I have been thinking about these age lines, not only in the KPOP world but in JPOP as well. From my personal experience, it is not a concept that is used often in the JPOP world.
Sometimes, I am really amazed when I think about idols that are the same age in the KPOP industry versus the JPOP industry.
It is hard to believe that Block B’s Zico and former C-ute member, Yajima Maimi, are the same age. She is actually older than him by a few months.
Also, BLACKPINK’s Lisa and Morning Musume’s Ikuta Erina are the same age.
I am also shocked that ANGERME’s Murota Mizuki, Twice’s Dahyun and E-Girls’ Ishii Anna are the same age!
PS: Mizuki’s reaction to receiving Twice goods for her birthday is adorable! It went viral! There goes our viral queen!
Depending on the concept, choreography and lyrics, it is easy to forget the ages of idols compared to other idols across borders.
This is why I decided to create this weekly series. This will be a fun overview and comparison of Japanese and Korean idols that were born in the same year. This idea is still pretty new and is still under development. However, I wanted to get the ball rolling so the content of the series may change as time goes on. Here is how it is going to go for now:
- Each week, a year will be featured. Some idols in the KPOP and JPOP industry will be featured in the post. Please note that I do not know every Japanese or Korean idol under the sun. So please, forgive me if your favourite is not featured.
- Basic information about the idols, their groups (if any) and music will be included in the post.
- I will be comparing and commenting on the similarities and differences between the featured idols. Topics such as concepts and skills may be compared.
- Expect a lot of pictures, videos and GIFs.
- A new post for this series will be uploaded every Friday. I will try my best to stay on schedule, but no promises!
As I said, it is still a work in progress. I just wanted to start posting to see how things go. I may change the formatting from time to time. I am open to suggestions. Feel free to leave any suggestions in the comment section below.
The first post will feature idols born in 1990! It will be posted Friday, August 25th. Look out for it!